Saturday, September 21, 2013

DIY- Initials On A Tree Charm


 I am sure we've all done this; written our initials and our loved ones on a tree, right? And something in that action meant a lot to us too, RIGHT? Well, this is what inspired this DIY. I wanted to capture that moment in a charm. There are cute for an anniversary gift or a just because. You can make them for your loved ones, your better half, and even your animals. :) I think these would be cute for valentines! Maybe I should have waited until then..hmmm..
Well, since I want to post this now (hey, just in time for Christmas) let's get to it!




  •  Wooden heart (I got mine at Michaels)
  • something to carve with (I used an attachments from my wood burner)
  • paint brush (the older, the better)
  • Acrylic paint in copper an black
  • Hand drill





  1. Draw where your'd like your initials 
  2. Using your carving tool, carve over them. You don't have to go too deep, and your lines do not have to be perfect.



 3. Paint your heart until you get a result you like. I painted my heart with maybe ten layers of paint before I was happy with it. I was wiping off paint, and using the natural quirkiness of my brush to add texture.



4. Fill in your initials with black paint.

 5. Drill your hole.
( In this picture here, you can see that I didn't go ever the carving, instead I let the carving add character (?) to my charm. )



The end result!

 I added a chain to mine, but you can put this on a bracelet. Or, if you want to add it to a ring just don't drill the hole. :)


Hope you have enjoyed this DIY! Don't forget to send me pictures if you recreate it!
Until next time!





No comments: