Tuesday, January 7, 2014

#nailartjan- Day 06- Sparkles


So for this month I decided to do a nail art challenge by @CaliforniaNails on Instagram. I really liked this one from all the other ones I had seen because this one does not require you to do your nails everyday.  
For day 06, the challenge was to do sparkles. 
I had a brand new Candies nail polish from Christmas so I really wanted to use that. 
As a base coat, I used a Milani nail polish. I really liked the pairing of these two. They really compliment each other well. 
I still though that my nails needed more sparkle, so I decided to attempt a glitter placement for my accent nail. I choose a gold glitter to contrast the silver. That was a big mistake! Not only did the glitters bleed the color on to my nail, they also shifted. Needless to say I am very sad with the way this turned out. I will deffinetely be attempting this soon. 




Can you see the bleeding on the gold? It kinda looks like hidden shells in the sand here..which I kinda like. Haha.


If you are joining this challenge, let me know! I would love to see what you guys come up with! 

Until next time! <3

No comments: