Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Sugared Donut Holes



It is starting to feel a lot like Christmas!
After a long break from my blog, I am back! I apologize for not having anything for a few weeks. My fridge was broken for almost two weeks (had to wait for a replacement part), and because school is almost over for me, I have been spending a lot of time studying. I have also been working on my Storenvy, which you can access HERE. Any who, I am back but I don't know for how long since it is Christmas,and we all know how hectic that can be. 
Anyways, today I bring you something that still reminds me a lot of thanksgiving but is very appropriate for Christmas parties; pumpkin spice donut holes! Now let me tell you something, you WILL have to make more then one batch. I started with one, and ended up making three total. I was going to make a lot more but I ran out of flour! (Insert sad face here) Give this a try and I promise you will not be disappointing! ( And if you are let me know, ill refund you for the sadness lol)


 -1 1/2 cups of flour + extra
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 egg
-1/2 cup milk
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-2 tablespoons melted butter
-oil for deep frying + sugar to roll them in

-Heat oil to 350 degrees -


-In a large bowl combine the flour. sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice. Mix well,
-In a small bow, combine the egg, milk, and butter. Mix well.
-Slowly add the wet mix to the dry mix. Mix well.
***You will end up with a mix that resembles cake batter. Add four a tablespoon at a time, until it stiffens up a bit. The first batch I added about 1/3 cup more, on the second and third I used about 1/2 cup.***

-Making sure your hands are well floured, make small balls. 
**they all wont be perfect! It is easier to have these already done because frying takes less than  minute or two!**

-Once your balls are done, you can deep fry them! The time varies between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. but you will be able to tell when they are done. 

-As soon as you take your donuts out of the oil, roll them in sugar to coat and you are done!



I hope you will give these a try, and please if you do, let me know how you like them!
I will be trying my best to post a lot more recipes for the holidays, but I can'r promise anything! lol

Until next time! <3




No comments: