Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Failed Flour-less Cookies (Granola)



So the other night I really wanted some warm cookies. I had no flour, but I remembered seeing recipes for flour less oatmeal cookies. I jumped online and found a recipe that had good reviews, and one I had all the ingredients for. I was really excited to make this as it was chilly inside my house and having the oven on would heat it up, and the cookies would give me warmth too, lol. Well, they did not turn out like cookies at all. I followed the recipes instructions, but my cookies crumbled. I let them cool for about 20 minutes, thinking that would be enough to keep them together and nope. Instead I got granola. Some very yummy granola. It is crispy and soft and also very sweet.




-1/3 cup butter, melted
-1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 egg

-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES-

1. In a bow, mix together the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. In another bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.


2. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients...


3. Place on a baking sheet, spreading it as much as you can. Bake for 13-17 minutes.
Let cool and break apart.

If you wanted, you could ad chocolate chips, nuts, raisins and seeds to make the ultimate granola mix. :) 
I will definitely be making more soon, and adding chocolate chips. Haha.

If you try this recipe, and you actually get cookies please let me know how you did it! Haha
Or, if you make a granola mix, show it to me! 
Don't forget to tag me in your Instagram photos or email them to me. :)

-Until Next Time <3









No comments: