Thursday, May 30, 2013

How to: Roses on nails

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love flowers. A lot. S of course when I saw this nail design on Instagram, I knew I had to recreate it. I love it. Its simple, but it looks cute. Would be perfect for every season! Yes, even winter! Haha 
And yes I know I am not the best at this, yet. Keep in mind this was my first time trying to please don't be too harsh, I know a lot of you will be able to do this better. :)

Anyways, here we go!

You are going to need a light color for the base of your rose, and then a darker shade for the designs.
  • Sinful Colors-Snow me white (#1)
  • Sinful Colors-Be Happy (#982)
  • Sinful Colors-Aquamarine (#979)
  • Sinful Colors-Island Coral (#1103)
  • Sinful Colors- Innocent (#944)
  • Wet N' Wild- Wild Shine in Lavender Creme (#454D)
  • A small brush (Remember to clean it with acetone every time you are switching nail polish)


  • Paint your nail your base color. Let that dry.


  •  With your nail polish brush, make some dots on your nail. Here, use the light colors you've chosen. Let this dry really good, if you do not, drawing on your nails will indent your polish.


  • Using a small brush, draw a c in the middle of your dot.


  •  Then, draw 3 bigger c's around the middle one.


  •  Draw 3 to 4 even bigger c's around the outer edge of the dot. Add small green leaves and finish with a top coat.





I hope you enjoyed! If something was not clear please let me know! And as always, if you'd like to request a tutorial on a design you can leave me a comment down below, Instagram me, or email me! Also, if you try this, I would love to see a picture :)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this look! Its so cute!