Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY fabric bow bracelet

It seems that I am obsessed with bows lately, so why not make one into a bracelet? This is easy to do, and the options are endless! Also, you can add a bit more dazzle with studs, rhinestones, pearls; pretty much anything you can think of! You might even try adding some charms, but I liked it just with the bow :)




  •  bow (tutorial here)
  • chain, about 3 inches
  • 3 jump rings
  • lobster clasp
  • a nail
  • hammer
  • pliers

(I am really sorry this post has no pictures, unfortunately my memory card formatted. I will update this later with pictures!) 


  • On a hard surface,one where you don't mind hammering,  lay your bow and mark two dots near the edges in the middle.

  • Place the nail on one of the marks, and hammer down through the fabric. You want to make sure you get it in all the way. Now do this to the other side.
  • Once you have your holes, add a jump ring to each one. Close one, and add the chain to the other one. 
  • Add the third jump ring to the other end of the chain, and to that add your clasp.

Once done, you can go ahead and decorate it anyway you want as I mentioned above. :)
If you don't like the way I chose to close this bracelet, you can always change it up. To me, this way was the easiest.

If you try this one, feel free to send me a picture to my email (precious.desert.rose@gmail.com), or instagram it to me (desertrose77).






No comments: