Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jalapeno Poppers!


My mouth is watering all over again just looking at that pic! Haha!

Anyways, long time no see! I am so sorry about that, life got in the way and I have not had time to do anything that I planned. :( I am slowly getting back into my groove, lol. And it all started with these. :)
Today, as almost everyday, I wanted something spicy but I wanted something deep fried and cheesy. I was thinking of making some Texas style cheese fries, but then I remembered JALAPENO POPPERS would be better, so I decided to make them. 

Let me say, these where a bit time consuming but I swear, the end result is over the moon and totally worth it! I can't really give you any measurements on the ingredients I used because I just kinda eyeballed it, and I used huge jalapenos. so it will vary. Sorry! 


  •  Washed and dried jalapenos
  • cream cheese, at room temp
  • mozzarella cheese, shredded (or cheedar)
  • eggs with a tad of milk, beaten
  • flour
  • bread crumbs
  • deep fryer


1. Cut all your jalapenos in half, and remove the seeds.

 2. In a bowl mix one part cream cheese with 1 part mozzarella
If needed, add more cream cheese until you get a "wet" creamy mix.

3. Spoon in the mixture in all your jalapeno halves.

4. Roll your jalapenos in the egg...
... then in the flour.


5. Let them "dry for about 3 minutes, then roll in egg again...
...and then in the breadcrumbs.
 6. Again, let the jalapenos dry for about 3 minutes and repeat the eggs and bread crumbs coating once more. At this time, you want to start heating your deep fries to 350F.

 7. Once all coated, deep fry them! Usually, I fry them between 2 to 3 minutes, or until the coating is golden brown. Place them on top of napkins to soak up all the excess oil.

 And you are done!
Now you are left with a super cheesy, and spicy popper! :) 

I seriously wish I had made some to freeze, or saved some for now. Ugh, the struggle! Hahah
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe, and if you give it a try, let me know!

P.S
What recipe would you like to see next? I MIGHT do some treat for Halloween, but I am not too sure..Hmmm.



Until next time!



No comments: