Friday, October 14, 2016

Where I find FREE/CHEAP books

If you are an avid reader like myself you know buying books can get pretty expensive rather quickly so today I bring you my top places to buy books and a few tips. In this list I have included online stores as well as physical stores. I have also included a few places for E-Books. Also, there are all sites/places I have used myself and I am in no way affiliated with any of them.

BookOutlet
What it is: BookOutlet in an online site that offers NEW books at a high discount.  Shipping starts at $3.99 for a two book order and every book after that is only .50. Pretty cheap considering they ship from Canada.
What I like: The price of the books. You can find books starting at .25 and even some autographed copies for cheap. BookOutlet offers bargain books (50 books at 50% off), and higher discounted books that are slightly damaged (scratch/dent). They have older as well as some recently released books, which is pretty darn great.
What I don't like: There is nothing that I don't like.

(Please note: Books are BRAND new but they do come with a small mark on the bottom or top of the book)

I have made a couple orders with them and I have not once been disappointed. All my orders have shipped in a timely manner and arrived fairly quick. Opening the packages feels like Christmas every time, haha!


Salvation Army
What it is: A second hand store.
What I like: Books are dirt cheap! Here where I live, hardcover books are $1 while softcovers are .50. Depending on where you live the selection will vary, but here I have found really great newer books as well as some classics.
What I don't like: Books are not changed often enough. I can go weeks without going and the same books from weeks past will still be there. I wish they would rotate them often, but it could be that here they don't have enough to do so.
(Please note: Because this is a second hand store the books will be used. Depending on where you live, you might find brand new books (I have found quite a few and the price remains the same.))

I tend to go browse every few weeks and I usually walk out with a few books. I actually found the entire Harry Potter series (hardback) here and only paid a total of $6!

Thrift Books
What it is: Thrift Books is an online site where you can buy used books starting at $3.59. They also have new books.
What I like: They let you know if a book is missing its jacket (hardcover) and the books conditions are rated so you know what you are buying.
What I don't like: Nothing so far.

I have bought two books from here and I have been pleased. I liked that I was told the condition of the book and that one of them would be missing the jacket.


OneHundredFreeBooks (OHFB)
What it is: A site that lists all the eBooks Amazon has for free!
What I like: Books are listed daily and hourly as they are listed on Amazon. I also like that you can browse days back and find that some of the books are still listed as free.
What I don't like: Some of the links do not work, or the books are not listed as free anymore.
(Please note: You do need to enter your email to access this site)

PaperBackSwap
What it is: PaperBackSwap is a site where you can trade your used books for other used (and sometimes new) books. All you have to do is list your books and ship them off when they are requested from you.
What I like: You can give your old unread books a new home and find a new book to trade for.
What I don't like: The selection in books is limited. There is a not many newer books listed and you really have to look to find something you like.
(Please note: The first 2 swaps are completely free, after that you only pay .50)

A few tips:
-Target will price match to Amazon! Even though Target already offers books at a discounted price, sometimes you can find them cheaper on Amazon. This is helpful for when you realllllly want the book but do not want to wait for it to ship (unless of course you have prime).
-Yard sales are a great place to find books as well. Sometimes you can even bargain to get them cheaper!
-Craigslist (sometimes) is a good place to search for books as well. Sometimes book stores that are going out of business advertise on there.



Well, I hope you like this list! I will be, hopefully, updating this is the near future as I find more sites that I like.
If you have any recommendations please leave them down below in the comments!

Thank you!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Có vô cùng nhiều nữ giới có dấu hiệu bị rong kinh và sinh lý màu đen. Vấn đề này kéo dài có phải là bởi bệnh lý gây nên hay không? Theo những bác sĩ phụ khoa cho biết, hai biểu hiện này gặp rất xuất hiện nhiều ở phụ nữ, nhất là rong kinh. Có rất nhiều tác nhân gây ra tình trạng này có thể là do tâm sinh lý hoặc các tác động ngoại cảnh, nhưng cũng không tránh khỏi khả năng là do bệnh lý. Hiện tượng kinh nguyệt màu đen và rong kinh kéo dài gây nên nhiều tác hại cũng như là phiền toái trong cuộc sống. Vì thế, giải pháp