Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spring Roses



Hey all! It's been a while..I have been very busy and well the last thing I have time for is my nails. As of lately I have had a bit of time at night, so I have tried to do a few tutorials/nail looks. I just need to find the time to edit them now, haha. 

Anyways, today I bring you these super easy and colorful nails. These were inspired by the roses my dad has planted around the house. Ill have to wait until the morning to take a picture but they are just beautiful!

This design only took about 10 minutes so it is perfect for those of us who don't have much time. At first I wanted to have a green background to simulate the roses being on grass but I decided against that because (in my opinion) the sheer pink background makes the colors stand out more.
What do you think?


What I Used:
Base- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Sheer Bliss #22
Dots- Sinful Colors in Snow Me White #1
Roses- Red: L.A Colors Color Craze in a red color (Sorry, label is missing)
Orange: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed #150
Yellow: Santee in Yellow #22
Leafs- Sinful Colors in Innocent #944
Dotting Tool
Small Brush and Polish Remover




Apply your base coat, and a layer or two of a sheer polish. I used two coats.

Using the bottom of your brush, create dots where you want your roses.

Using your dotting tool, start to create your roses. I have a tutorial on roses HERE.

Add leaves to your roses, and clean up your edges with using a brush damped in acetone.

Voila! You are done!

I am honestly really happy with these. I know my roses are not the best, but I still love them. They are just so bright and spring to me.

If you give these a try, tag me on Instagram!

-Until Next Time <3






No comments: