Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sautéed Artichokes

Don't those look delicious?


This weekend Nick and I went on a field-trip to the Moss Landing Marine Labs in Moss landing. On our way back home, right outside of Castroville we spotted a small barn selling small artichokes at 12 for 1$, and fried artichoke hearts.  I wanted to buy the big artichokes (4 for 5$), but Nick really wanted to try the small ones first, so we bought 12 of those. 

I really wanted them to deep fry the hearts, but these were too small for that so the next big thing was to sauté them in butter. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. :)
  • Artichokes
  • Butter
  • Salt and pepper


  • Wash and cut the stem off the artichoke, and cut in half lengthwise


  • In a skillet, over medium heat, add tree tablespoons of butter. Once it has melted add your artichokes upside down and salt and pepper to your taste.



  • Let them cook for about five minutes or until they are starting to brown. Turn over and allow them to cook for about 5 more minutes.


And YOU ARE DONE!



I like to serve this with melted butter for dipping, or sometimes with a bit of ranch. 




No comments: